Ayurvedic Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease
At Hindusthan Ayurvedic, we provide exclusive Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease using We provide treatments for Parkinson’s disease using Panchakarma therapies and other internally researched time-tested medicines that give optimal results.
Parkinson’s Disease Treatment in Ayurveda Kerala
Parkinson’s Disease & Ayurveda Treatment
Parkinson’s disease manifests when the nerve junctions of an individual start to deteriorate. These nerve junctions are called ganglia and are located at the base area of the brain. They act to control the muscles in the body as well as the different movements of the body. Parkinson’s disease is characterized by tremors in the limbs when the muscles are at rest. This disease is known by the name Kampavada in Ayurveda. It is known by other names such as
Signs and Symptoms of Parkinson’s
Parkinson’s disease presents itself with different signs and symptoms. Some of them are as follows:
- Rigidity of the muscles
- Tremors in the digital extremities
- Slowness of movements
- Jerky movements
- Aching limbs
- Depression and tiredness
- Mental slowness
- No facial expressions
Ayurvedic treatment for Parkinson’s disease is administered to control the symptoms that worsen with the progress of the age.
Treatment through Ayurveda
For treatment of Parkinson’s disease, both digestive herbs and tonics for rejuvenation of the nerves are administered to improve the function of the body. This also helps to restore the function at a cellular level. The diets are specific and a regimen is advised to be followed for the best outcomes. Being the top Ayurvedic hospital in Trivandrum, Kerala, we provide 100% authentic Ayurveda medicines and treatments to give relief to the patient.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes
- Environmental toxins play a big part in causing Parkinson’s disease in individuals. Therefore, avoiding these toxins in as many ways as possible is one major way to minimize risk of having this disease.
- It is recommended that one avoids junk food, food made with genetically modified ingredients, chemically grown plants, etc., should be avoided for consumption as much as possible.
- Foods that aggravate vata element should be purposefully avoided.
- Nuts such as almonds and walnuts help to nourish the nervous system and should be consumed.
- Ingestion of Amalaki which is a strong antioxidant is recommended to slow down oxidation and therefore the progress of the disease.
- Curcumin, a constituent of turmeric, is effective in stalling Parkinson’s disease by disrupting certain proteins that aggregate and are responsible for causing the disease.
The yoga asanas that are mentioned below are best for patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease. They help to increase flexibility and balance of the body with the gentle stretched movements.
Tadasana or the mountain pose, Uttanasana or the standing and forward bend pose, Virabhadrasana or warrior pose, Jathara parivarthasana or abdominal twist pose, etc., are some of the asanas that are recommended for such patients.
Meditation techniques practised by patients with Parkinson’s disease may help to reduce the stress and pain as well as increase the sense of well-being in them.
Fomentation and whole body massage (Abhyanga) is also recommended for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Never let your doubt stay in your mind. Send them to Hindustan Ayurvedic.